Alberta Health Services

Alberta Health Services offers pre-travel service for people travelling to international destinations who want to stay healthy and enjoy their trip.

Our services meet the standards in Health Canada Guidelines for the Practice of Travel Medicine.

General Contact and Service Information

Services by Location

To find out what services are offered at each of our travel health locations, please check the links below:

  • North Zone 
  • Edmonton Zone 
  • Central Zone 
  • Calgary & Rural Zone 
  • South Zone

Frequently Ask Questions

How can I find out what vaccines I need for my trip?
Specific information regarding what vaccines are recommended for specific destinations is available on-line from the CDC. The Public Health Agency of Canada also provides travel health information which can be accessed on-line at This information is also available by phone by calling Health Link. Nurses are available for in-person consultations by calling

the Travel Health location in your area.

I’m not sure what vaccines I’ve received in the past. How can I find out?
If you have records of your past immunization it’s a good idea to take them along to your travel health appointment. If you have no records available this information may be available by calling Health Link or your local Public Health Centre.

Why do I have to pay for my immunizations at the travel clinic?
Alberta Health provides all routine immunizations recommended for Albertans free of charge. Since international travel is an individual choice, the expense, including travel health services and immunization, is the individual’s own responsibility. All AHS travel health services are operated on a cost recovery basis.

Where can I go to access a travel health clinic?
Travel health services are available at numerous locations across Alberta. Access location information or dial 811 for Health Link.

Category: Travel Insurance

Similar articles: