Replace a lost or stolen device
If your device is ever lost or stolen, we'll show you how to replace it. We'll also tell you about a few easy-to-setup security features that can help protect your account information.
For postpaid accounts
- Before you do anything else, try to call your lost device and listen for its ring tone.
- If your device has anti-theft features, use them to secure and find your lost device.
- If you subscribe to FamilyWhere, you or a family member can use it locate your device.
Note: Location data for iOS devices is limited. FamilyWhere displays only an approximate location (i.e., the nearest cell tower) of iOS devices on your account.
- If you subscribe to T-Mobile supported services such as Lookout Mobile Security Premium or BlackBerry Protect, you can follow steps to locate and secure your missing device.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account to suspend your line. Keep in mind that once your line is suspended, you
can no longer check your voicemail from another line.
- Replace your device and restore service:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account and restore your line. Once you have your new device and restored your service, you can set up your new phone to transfer contacts and other personal information.
For prepaid accounts
- Try to call your device and listen for its ring tone.
- If your device has anti-theft features, use to secure and find your lost phone.
- Contact T-Mobile Customer Service to suspend your line.
- Replace your device by purchasing one at a retail store. Until you get a new device, you can use another device you may already have with a new T-Mobile SIM card.
- Once you get a new phone and SIM card, contact T-Mobile Customer Service to restore your service.
- After you have restored your service, you can set up your new device to transfer contacts and other personal information.
Category: Insurance Policy