Costco as a Career
Your future is bright at Costco
Rewarding careers are built at Costco. We pride ourselves on promoting from within and giving all employees equal opportunities for advancement.
AS A BUSY STUDENT: Our COLLEGE STUDENT RETENTION PROGRAM (C.S.R.P.) will allow you to work at Costco during your school breaks and take time off from work during your school year. Participation in CSRP will enable employees who are eligible for this program to retain their original hire dates and keep their accumulated hours toward their next increase. In short, if a student is with us for four years while attending post-secondary school on a full-time basis, they will accumulate four years of seniority and a wage commensurate with their total of accumulated hours worked.
AS A GRADUATE: Our University Graduates Retention Program (UGRP) provides employees with incredible growth potential, both personally and professionally. On this program, employees will have the opportunity to face new challenges and a fresh perspective of the way we do business. It will also greatly increase their exposure to upper management, and fast track them into management positions.
SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM: Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd. offers college and university scholarships for tuition and fees to employees and their children, up to a maximum of $2,500 per year.
Who is eligible to apply?
Costco’s Canadian employees or children of employees who reside in Canada and who will be enrolled in a full-time program leading to an undergraduate or graduate degree in an accredited Canadian college or university for an entire academic year.
Is employee performance or financial need a consideration for a scholarship award?
No, scholarship competition is not based on performance as a Costco employee or on financial need. Awards are based on academic performance.
At Costco, your future is full of opportunity. Why not start your career with us?Costco has Great Benefits Costco has one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry.
Not only do we provide our employees with a full spectrum of benefits (after meeting qualifying requirements), but employees may also elect coverage for their spouse and children. 100% of the premiums are paid by Costco!
- HEALTH CARE: Benefit-eligible Costco employees may choose from 3 different flexible benefits programs. Coverage includes prescription drugs, vision, paramedical services, hearing aids, Emergency Travel Assistance and more.
- DENTAL CARE: Benefit-eligible Costco employees may choose from 3 different flexible benefits programs. Coverage includes preventative, basic and major services as well as orthodontics.
- RETIREMENT: Costco helps employees plan for a comfortable retirement. Once eligibility requirements are met, the company makes an annual contribution to the employees’ pension plan, based on a percentage of eligible earnings. This percentage increases based on years of service. Costco also matches 50% of Optional Contributions made by the employee to a maximum percentage based on years of service.
- EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: This confidential, free resource program is completely separate from Costco and is available to all employees and their families from the very first day of employment. The EAP program uses professional counselors who are dedicated to Costco employees and trained to help resolve personal, family or work challenges. They also can provide guidance, information and/or referrals to local service providers.
- DISABILITY: Disability plans provide income replacement when a benefit eligible employee becomes ill or is injured and, as a result, is not capable of performing the essential duties of his or her regular occupation. Costco provides Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
- LIFE, ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT AND CRITICAL ILLNESS INSURANCE: Costco offers generous basic life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance and Critical Illness insurance at no cost for benefit-eligible employees. Employees may also elect to purchase supplemental coverage for themselves, their spouses or children.
- EMPLOYEE SHARE PURCHASE PLAN: New employees are immediately eligible to enroll in this plan, which allows them to purchase Costco shares by payroll deduction. Not only does this plan avoid commissions and fees normally associated with the purchase of shares, it's another easy way to save for the future.
Category: Insurance Cost