Home emergency cover


Barclays uses cookies on this website. They help us to know a little bit about you and how you use our website, which improves the browsing experience and marketing - both for you and for others. They are stored locally on your computer or mobile device. To accept cookies continue browsing as normal. Or go to the cookies policy for more information and preferences.

This page is not suitable for viewing using your current internet browser. Please update your browser to a more up to date version before proceeding. See how to update your browser .

  • If you experience a broken boiler, burst water main or a collapsed roof, we’re here to help
  • Unlimited fee-free call-outs
  • Up to £1,000 to cover alternative accommodation if you need it

Already got a quote? Retrieve quote

Emergencies happen, often at the most inconvenient of times. But our home emergency cover can help you get them sorted so you don’t need to worry about expensive call-out and labour charges. And if you’re unable to stay in your home, we’ve got the cost of alternative accommodation covered too.

You're not just covered, you're Barclaycovered

  • Loss of essential services – main drains, water, electricity, gas
  • Sudden damage to your roof – such as from a fallen tree
  • Plumbing problems – leaking pipes and radiators or blocked toilets
  • Electrical emergency and breakdown, eg fuse-box failure
  • Security risk – damage to locks, windows and doors, lost keys
  • Removal of pest infestation eg – rats, mice, wasps

We’ll pay up to £1,000 for call outs, parts and labour from a professional service provider

If you’re unable to live in your home due to an emergency, we’ll provide up to £1,000 for travel and an alternative place to stay

Get £500 towards the cost of a new boiler or electric heater if your old system is beyond repair


won’t have to pay anything upfront

There are no restrictions on the number of eligible claims you make

Heating and home appliances: If you want cover that can protect your domestic appliances, such as washing machines, fridges and dishwashers, as well as your boiler and central heating system, you may want to consider the Home Protection Pack in our Features Store instead.

Compare home emergency cover and Home Protection Pack 170 KB

Certain cover restrictions apply if you live in a flat and there are some limitations on what’s covered by this policy, including claims relating to:

  • Loss or damage that you were already aware of before you took the policy out, or within 7 days of the start date
  • Dual purpose boilers (eg AGA or Rayburn), warm air and solar heating systems, LPG (liquid petroleum gas), under-floor heating
  • Normal day-to-day maintenance and the cost of replacing parts due to natural wear and tear, such as a dripping or seized-up taps
  • Overflow pipes
  • Showers and domestic appliances eg washing machines
  • Any damage or failure caused by malicious or wilful action, negligence, misuse, interference or faulty workmanship, including any attempted repair that doesn’t meet industry standards
  • When the property is unoccupied for 60 or more consecutive days

The policy document 1.13 MB provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we’ve shown above is only intended as a guide.

This could suit you if:

  • You own and live in your home

Try our other options if:

  • You want extended warranty cover for domestic appliances
  • You want annual boiler servicing

What you’ll need to get a quote:

  • Details about the type of property you live in

The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.

Category: Home Insurance

Similar articles: