Young drivers: get cheap car insurance
Did you know a 17 year old driver with a P1 licence is four times more likely to be involved in a fatal crash than a driver over 26 years?*
Irrelevant of how well you drive if you are under 25 your car insurance premium is likely to be expensive. The most common accidents on the roads tend to be with young inexperienced drivers and because of this insurance companies view young drivers as high risk and charge high premiums.
But do not fear! We know you can’t do much about your age, there are still plenty of things you can do to reduce your premiums as a young driver.
6 tips to help young drivers reduce car insurance premiums:
- Type of car: Some car makes and models have higher premiums than others. This is because there are more accidents in that particular model, or it might be a valuable car more likely to be stolen. Anyway if you want cheaper premiums don’t plan on driving a Mercedes for the first few years.
- Modified cars: Modified cars also have higher premiums as the parts are harder to replace, or if you have modified your car to make it go faster this will have an effect on your insurance.
- Car parts: Think about the long term maintenance of your car. If you own a common model it will be easier to replace and repair the parts.
- Safety: Adding security measures to your car will help to lower your premiums such as installing a car alarm or parking your car in a safe place at night.
- No claims: The longer you drive for without making a claim, the more your premiums will go down, so drive carefully!
- Compare young drivers car insurance and save
Rather than visiting 10 different websites and filling in 10 different forms, use our comparison website FOR FREE to compare cheap car insurance for young drivers in a jiffy! You might find yourself a bargain by comparing different insurers rather than going direct to the first one you find.
We've also got a ton of past customer reviews, so if you need some advice of who to go with, that's the place to go!
As a young driver insuring your car for the first time, we know that car insurance can seem confusing. Make sure you do your research before you buy to find the right policy for your situation. We have heaps of handycar insurance tips and guides to help including more tips for cheap car insurance: tips to help you save!
- How telematics reduces car insurance premiums
Until now, a few good ways to reduce your premiums included adding security devices to your car, driving safely to increase your no claims discounts, and owning a standard
model vehicle…but t...... Read more.
- How is car insurance calculated?
Insurers can’t tell if you’re a safe or reckless driver without any previous driving history, so they base their quotes on statistical data from all their customers, and work out the ris...... Read more.
- Car insurance facts infographic
Did you know 14,340 cars were stolen in Australia in the first 3 months of 2013 alone?... Read more.
- Car insurance checklist
Follow our checklist so you can apply for car insurance quickly and easily.... Read more.
- Car insurance: All you need to know
Buying a car is a big deal and, after spending your hard earned money on your dream machine, you need to make sure you are protected in the event of an accident.
Nobody thinks it will happen...... Read more.
- Car insurance FAQs
We know that your policy is confusing, that’s why we’ve provided you with a few frequently asked questions to help you make the right decision when it comes to buying your cover.... Read more.
- How non-disclosure affects your car insurance claims
Whichever insurance type you’re considering, it’s your ‘duty to disclose’ and best answer the questions when applying or renewing your insurance.... Read more.
- Compare car insurance for women
Women get cheaper premiums for being safer drivers, Hurrah!... Read more.
- Young drivers: get cheap car insurance
Irrelevant of how well you drive if you are under 25 your premiums are likely to be expensive. Here's 6 tips to help young drivers reduce their premiums.... Read more.
- Classic car insurance - cover for cars with vintage
Is your car older than 15 years ? There's no need to blow a gasket; with classic car insurance you can relax knowing your pride and joy is safely insured.... Read more.
- The ins and outs of No Claims Discounts!
A No Claims Discount (NCD) is a discount applied to your premium because of good driving and good claims history.
Building up this discount is one of the best ways you can reduce your premiu...... Read more.
- Least and most expensive cars to insure in Australia
Did you know that premiums vary dramatically based on the car you choose to buy? The value of your car, safety ratings and repair costs are the main influencers to pay attention to.Here’s our ...... Read more.
- CTP Car Insurance 101
Compulsory third party insurance (CTP) or greenslip as it’s named in NSW is compulsory in Australia. Your vehicle cannot be registered or legally driven on the roads without it - and you&rsquo...... Read more.
- Storm and hail damage advice
Did you know repair bills from hail damage can be as high as $5,000, and that cars are regularly written-off due to storm damage?
Comprehensive car insurance will cover your car for any d...... Read more.
Category: Best Insurance