Car Insurance - compare cheap car insurance quotesSkip to main content
Our car insurance comparison service is simple and speedy - get car insurance quotes in just a few minutes
To get car insurance quotes and start comparing, you'll need to be able to tell us:
- Your car registration number – if you don’t have it to hand, simply click 'find a car'
- Your expected annual mileage figures
- Where your car’s parked during the day and night What you use your car for, e.g. commuting, business use
- Your main driving licence details
Compare car insurance deals with uSwitch
uSwitch is a free, impartial comparison and switching service – we’re not affiliated to any one insurer and we’ll only ask you for information that will help us get you the most accurate possible quotes.
There are a number of different things you can do to help cut the cost of your car insurance premium and get cheaper car insurance, including:
- Paying a higher voluntary excess (the extra amount you’d pay in the event of a claim)
- Limiting who drives your car to just yourself, or you plus a named driver
- Parking your car in a garage or
driveway away from the street
- Keeping your mileage low (doing less than the average of 8,000 miles per year according to the National Travel Survey)
- Fitting a security device such as an alarm, tracker, or immobiliser
- For more ideas on how to reduce your insurance costs, read our car insurance guides.
For more ideas on how to reduce your insurance costs, read our car insurance guides .
We’re committed to simple language and clear, accessible design. As a result, we’re the only price comparison website to have been awarded the Internet Crystal Mark by the Plain English Campaign - an independent group working for plain English in public communication. There are always things we could be doing better, so if you spot something you feel could be improved, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re authorised to help you compare car insurance by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) - an independent organisation set up by government to regulate financial services in the UK. The FCA promotes good business practice and fair financial markets - including the car insurance comparison market - to help consumers get a fair deal.
Category: Auto Insurance