Use the Diners Club Card to travel, and automatically receive a package of travel insurance coverages such as travel accident, excess lost baggage and primary rental car collision damage insurance at no additional cost.
Primary Collision Damage Waiver Insurance
- Receive primary coverage, anywhere in the world (except where prohibited by law), when the entire cost of a car rental is charged to a Diners Club Card.
- For most cardmembers there's usually no need to file a claim with your own insurance company, so your personal insurance premium won't be affected.
- The insurance covers physical damage and theft of the vehicle, reasonable loss of use charges, reasonable towing charges, and includes Secondary Personal Effects insurance.
- Protection applies to rental cars with Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price up to $75,000 for covered damages. For Carte Blanche cardmembers, up to $100,000 for covered damages.
- To qualify, you must decline the rental agency's collision damage waiver (CDW), saving up to $16 per rental day.
Travel Accident Insurance
- Automatic coverage of up to $350,000 on common carriers.
- Coverage applies every time the entire cost of an airline, train or other common carrier ticket is charged with your card.
- Also applies to travel on frequent flyer or similar non-revenue tickets.
- Coverage includes direct travel to and from the airport station or terminal on any public conveyance including buses, trains and hotel or car rental agency courtesy vans (private/rental cars excluded) — if the common carrier ticket has been purchased prior to departure for the station, terminal or airport.
- Coverage applies for spouses and dependent children.
- Optional enhanced coverage is also available.
Lost, Damaged, or Delayed Baggage Insurance
Just charge the entire cost of your ticket to your Diners Club Card Account and you're automatically covered for up to $1,250 to replace your baggage and its contents should they be lost, damaged or stolen. This valuable protection is provided to you at no additional cost, and the same generous coverage applies to both checked and carry-on luggage.
Diners Club Cardmembers are covered for the replacement cost of items if they are replaced. Otherwise, coverage is for the actual cash value of the item at the time of loss. This benefit pays in excess of any coverage provided by the common carrier. For additional information about insurance, call Diners Club Customer Service at 1-866-865-2617 or 416-977-7743.
Delayed Baggage Insurance will reimburse for the actual cost of replacing, on an emergency basis, any personal articles (e.g. clothing, hygiene and/or grooming products) or business effects (e.g., uniforms or general office supplies) contained in your checked baggage, if the checked baggage is delayed in getting to you at your scheduled destination.
Coverage is limited to the actual cost, up to $250 per claim, of replacing, on an emergency basis, any personal articles or business effects contained in your checked baggage. There is a maximum of two(2) claim(s) per twelve (12) month period. Call 1-866-865-2617 to request a claim form. You must report the claim within sixty (60) days of the incident or the claim may not be honored.
Diners Club cardmembers can benefit from the security and safety offered through Purchase Assurance Coverage. If something you bought with your Diners Club Charge Card is damaged or stolen within ninety (90) days of purchase, you may be eligible for benefits under this coverage. Purchase Assurance is an insurance program. For complete program details, including coverage amounts, refer to your Diners Club Certificate of Insurance and Summary of Travel Assistance Booklet.
Extended Warranty Coverage
Extended Warranty doubles the original warranty time period and duplicates the coverage of the original manufacturer's (or U.S. store brand) warranty up to a maximum
of twelve (12) months on most items you purchase. For products with multiple warranty components, each warranty time period will be duplicated up to a maximum of twelve (12) months. Should you fail to properly register the original warranty as required by manufacturer, Extended Warranty will only double the actual warranty time period that you received from the manufacturer. For complete program details, including coverage amounts, refer to your Diners Club Certificate of Insurance and Summary of Travel Assistance Booklet.
Information, Forms and Agreements:
Travel accident insurance
To make a claim please call 1-877-764-3576 to request a claim form (from outside the U.S., call collect: 904-636-3647). A dedicated representative will guide you through the process. Written notice of claim must be given to the Company within 90 days after the occurrence of any covered loss, or as soon thereafter as is reasonably possible.
Primary collision damage insurance claim
If you have any questions about how to file a claim for Primary Collision Damage Waiver, please contact Diners Club® Benefits Assistance Center at 1-877-764-3576 (from outside the U.S. call collect: 1-904-636-3647).
Claim forms and instructions for filing will be furnished upon request. Claims must be reported within 30 days from the loss/accident and the following documentation must be submitted within 180 days of the loss/accident:
- Complete and sign the claim form.
- Provide Diners Club Charge Card receipt showing the rental.
- Provide Diners Club Charge Card statement showing the rental.
- Provide the rental agreement (front and back).
- Provide a copy of valid driver's license (front and back).
- Provide a report from police verifying that the vehicle was stolen, vandalized or involved in a collision.
- Provide an itemized repair estimate from a factory authorized collision repair facility.
- Obtain a copy of vehicle rental agency promotion/discount, if applicable.
- Obtain a copy of the vehicle rental location class specific fleet utilization log, if loss of use charges are being claimed. You must secure this log from the rental agency.
- For Personal Effects benefits:
- Provide a report from police listing items stolen.
- Obtain a copy of the declarations page of any applicable insurance or protection (including, but not limited to, homeowner's, renter's or auto insurance policy).
- Provide a photograph clearly showing damage, if applicable.
- Any other documentation that may be reasonably requested to validate a claim.
Damaged luggage coverage
Call 1-877-764-3576 (from outside the U.S., call collect: 1-904-636-3647). Claim forms and instructions for filing will be furnished upon request.
Note that the Diners Club® program pays in excess of the carrier's payment on lost, damaged or stolen luggage.
Designation of Beneficiary Form
Carte Blanche Card Terms and Conditions
Diners Club Card Terms and Conditions
All insurance coverages are underwritten and administered by third parties. Certain terms, conditions and limitations apply. Travel Accident Insurance is underwritten and provided by Federal Insurance Company, a member of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. This is only a brief description of the coverage available under policy series C12195DBG. The Policy contains limitations, exclusions, and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in the Policy. If there is any conflict between this document and the Policy, the Policy will govern in all cases. Primary Collision Damage Waiver insurance is available worldwide, except in certain places where prohibited by law or local agency practice. Primary Collision Damage Waiver is provided for rental cars with an MSRP not to exceed $100,000 USD for the Diners Club Carte Blanche Card, $75,000 USD for the Diners Club Charge Card, and $50,000 USD for the Diners Club Credit Card. See applicable Terms and Conditions above for details, or call 1-866-865-2617 Toll Free.
Category: Auto Insurance