NSW Green Slip CTP Insurance Quotes

New South Wales' Road Traffic Act allows car owners in the state to choose the provider of their CTP, or 'green slip', insurance.

In most states and territories there is only one approved provider of CTP insurance. 

You must have a green slip to register you vehicle in NSW (trailers are excluded). 

Compulsory third party (CTP) insurance protects you (or the person driving your vehicle) against any damages claims made against you for injuring or killing someone in an accident.

It provides compensation for the person who was injured or killed, including other drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, pedestrians and cyclists.

As its name suggests, CTP insurance is compulsory in Australia. In most states – NSW being one of the exceptions – you get CTP cover automatically, when you register your car.

Your legal liability for injuring or killing someone in an accident Yes
Cover for the driver at fault – unless they are catastrophically injured (as defined by the Lifetime Care and Support Scheme) No
Damage to your property, including your vehicle No
Damage to other someone else’s property, including their vehicle No
Theft of your vehicle No

At Budget Direct we want to

help you save money wherever we can – NSW CTP green slip insurance is no different.

Get a CTP insurance quote online.

Get a Quote

You can buy green slip cover for six or 12 months.

How quickly after getting my green slip will I be able to register my car?

We’ll notify Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) electronically when you purchase your green slip, even if you are registering the car for the first time. Please allow one hour for the notification to go through. You no longer need to present a hard copy of the green slip receipt.

Am I covered if I drive outside of NSW?

Your CTP green slip insurance covers you no matter where you drive your car in Australia.

What factors affect the price of my green slip?

The main factors are the type and age of your vehicle, how it’s used, where it’s garaged, your age, driving history and claims history.

CTP insurance does not cover theft of or damage to your vehicle or other people’s property (e.g. their car and home).

To get that cover, you’ll need to take out either:

  • Comprehensive car insurance, or
  • Third party car insurance

Compare policy benefits

Category: Auto Insurance

Similar articles: